Thursday, 24 March 2011

Thursday and still sunny

Foggy start today though.

Pip was crying at 6:15 - unusual so went and let them out - he was desperate bless him.

He swam well yesterday and so did Poppy but both were tired in the evening and slept all night - Pip mostly lying on me! Bonnie was tried from her run and also zonked.

This morning Pip stayed with Tony and I went out with the girls. Poppy was leaping about but Bonnie still isnt whizzy! I ordered her some more working food to up the energy a bit as she is working hard atm - lets hope we dont go back to ripped cushions and beds!

Came in and trained Pip for a bit. He declined breakfast again and also declined breakfast as training treats, but was hugely up for a game so did everything for a tuggy and then he did agree to earn some food.

I need to rethink the food strategy... he is declining food even when he MUST be starving, and I dont want him to spend his life hungry really. I don't mind a few days to solve a problem, but he is really only getting half his daily ration and is quite thin and still declining to work for kibble.

So I think I'm going to give up with this for now, feed him the kibble/meat mix he will eat, and use higher value food for training. If it doesnt work then so be it, but he is so unfoody, even declining chicken and sausage sometimes (if I have a toy for example), that I need to keep him fed or he wont have the energy to work!

SO this am he actually trained really well. the circle work is coming better and the waits were awesome. Did some perch work too which we havent done for ages and that was good. Got 4 legs on the wobble cushion straight away - glad I gave this a rest for a bit though as I think he was getting bored. Continuing its yer choice with his toys - his nose touch when I have a toy is amazing! He has stopped nipping in the nose touch though.

This afternoon we have foundation with Karen/Inca/Ruth - hope we can keep up the circle work as it has been going at home, he does seem to want to stop to eat his treat though when I can get him to take it!



No comments:

Post a Comment