Friday, 8 April 2011

Thurs foundation

I was pleased with the lesson. I felt we addressed some of the areas we were weak on at the Greg lesson - his focus in the circle work was better (not quite where I want it ideally, but still good).

I need to practice the mechanics of toy, food, lead, dog, me and a circle without droping anything and still keeping his focus, and having everything in the right hand.

Play - I pushed him into play when he was doing a "err not sure I want to" it worked quite well, but at the end he was just too tired mentally really to do any more and really didnt want to play.

Following on from this though I had some fantasic play this morning and he was really driven to play every time he saw me get out the toy - so I'm planning on doing some more of that over next few days

His stand wait was excellent - no foot movement and I started to build the distance. I also ran away - still no movement.

Did a few sit waits with movement behind - he is fab at that as I've done this with him since he was small, no movement - went right round him a few times. didnt even move his feet/bum when Karen came down with Torro, but I didnt push it and ended the exercise and caught him up.


No comments:

Post a Comment