Friday, 1 April 2011

Obedience fri 1st

Accidnet on A33 so took 90 mins to get there. Fortunately I left extra early to do Hector on the way so only missed half the lesson.

GOt there - got Pip out, went in - dogs doing send aways full length of hall. One dog goes whilst I ut stuff down, then Carol calls us as the only couple not to have done it (apart from newbies who cant) so no time to get him focussed or anything. Set him upp, watch, get it and he flew down the hall to touch his lid and get his reward. 2nd time Carol dolled out the reward and I recalled him afterwards. Very pleased with the little chaps ability to concentrate and focus so suddenly. New dogs again tonight too!

Heel work - good boy. Apparently my position was much better - after yesterday I was very focussed on shoulders etc. so got some good work. Just used collar - not head collar all night and he was fab. inside turns are really good now. I raised the reward rate on the heel work and paid attention to keeping food hand in front and he was much more in front too.

Waits were fab in all positions - even when I bounced sausage off his nose bless him.

distance control - good boy for this even though they dont like the way I taught the down (as he lies down by moving front legs forward not cantilevring. Fine for me though - he isnt going to do competitive obedience

finished with a stay in down for 2 mins. good puppy didnt move, though I did return to reward ad didnt leave full 2 mins as I thinks thats too long right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment