The endless rain has caused MUD (yes mud in cpitals cos its SO deep) round the field gates. We dont have MUD here - its on a hill on chalk FFS. Never had mud like this.
SO today Kelsie comes in with... yep - huge swollen fetlock :( The leg she did the suspensory on... I wont ride her in the school anymore in case its too deep and she pulls it again - so instead the MUD gets her and pulls it.
True to hardy horseness she is only vaguely lame (like 1/10) but then she was barely lame when she did it before and vet took some persuading to scan it. So much for riding through the spring and summer then.
Guess I'll have lots of time to train the dogs this year again if I cant ride.
Really not sure what to do tomorrow - she cant stay in 24/7, she cant go in the arena, and if she goes out in the field she might hurt it more.
Tomorrow pm I can fence a small field up the top away from mud, but she has to go through it to get in/out and she'll create mud in a small field. SIGH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment