Monday, 28 February 2011

Monday 28th Feb

The week started badly as I slept badly and woke with a very sore throat :(

Today is busy - up early left Tony with Pip and took the big girls to the fields to run whilst I did ponies & chooks - had to do all the mucking out and set fair this am as I will have 30 mins from leaving work at 1pm to get them in, hosed off and changed in clean rugs before changing and leaving to go to Karen's for a lesson altered from Weds. HECTIC!

Anyway managed to get it all done (didnt empty wheelbarrows or make more food but can do that later) and back indoors by 7.45.

SO fed girls, and trained Pip with his breakies. Boy was good - but I have noticed that he is nipping more again esp on circle work... is it a coincidence that he's back on Orijen and back nipping? Anyway - I have decided to try this more scientifically... So - from today he will have a week of Burns only. Then next Monday I'll repeat what we did this morning and see... then back on Orijen for a week and repeat the test...

I dont mind the odd accidental nip when playing, but he hasnt done it on O's or go rounds for AGES and the only thing changed is the food (and the weekend freedom)

I havent got at all organised for lesson today - normally I have a plan on what I want to work on - but my brain is full of mush and not working lol. I think start line waits in new H is a good one. Also play with distractions and recall from distractions would be good - but will just go with what Karen has in mind I think.

I had planned to do some jump training with Bonnie yesterday but in the end didnt due to the foul weather in the pm - really need to work on rear cross confidence and doing 12 weaves!

We all had a dozy afternoon as I had some new knuckle bones so gave the dogs those.

Also got Farrier today (assuming he comes) but Tony will have to deal with the start of that as I wont be home by then. I should be home in time to pay him but have left money anyway.

Then hopefully will get an early night. Have a relatively light week - no massages booked, and only agility Tue pm and obedience Fri pm. Swimming both on thurs pm.

Real shame March foundation is cancelled - will miss that as its so good for him and Bonnie is loving rounds - but I can see the logic behind it and there is no point if it isnt paying, or is putting the venue at risk for us! Hopefully the weather will soon be good enough to do it at Karen's instead :)

Greg lesson next week. I have done everything I can to get Pip's play as good as poss, and get him to as many new environments as poss - not sure if it will work - but have decided I'm not getting rattled this time and letting him down. I will instead take the time to get him relaxed and comfortable and give him confidence before asking for anything. Hopefully Greg will then see the real Pip and not Mr Scaredypants! I think Karen mentioned taking crates this time which may or may not work....

Saw a sweet little collie girl on Sunday - she broke my heart though - she's 5 months old and soooo shut down :( She is desperately misunderstood by her owners I think - their first question when I said I had an 8mo was " is he hard work?" Apparently the wife does the training (once a week) and the husband expects the good behaviour. She chases cars, and when she is naughty and he shouts at her she crawls on her belly... this darling little bitch was just so quiet and depressed in the shop - they took it as good behaviour! Her eyes were red she was so tired/stressed and she was desperate to please. When I praised her for sitting to say hello she was just over the moon. I wanted to take her home, so very sad. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment