Monday, 14 February 2011

Bonnie played!!!

Took the big girls across the yard at lunchtime whilst I mucked out and she played with sanat and then I got a rope and she tugged that for ages before suddenly stopping and looking guilty. I told her lots and lots what a good girl she was whilst she was playing and cuddled her after! :)

Took Pip for a walk on the extending lead - he was a good boy - did a lot of sniffing and not interested in playing when we first went out as too busy spooking and staring at things in the distance. They have put the sheep out in the headstarts field - black ones again - and I thought that might be interesting, but other than giving them a hard stare he wasnt that bothered .

On the way back he did play and play really well - growling and everything - so we kept that up for a bit - then I broke off and told him to go run as I didn't want him to get tired and stop. Spooked a lot at a jogger behind us barking and pulling, but then ok and didn't bark at 2nd jogger.

Played again after spooking.

Recalls not great but ok and got the idea of the length of the line really well.

Came home and did last bot of mucking out whilst big girls played

then got Pip out with others and played tug - he was ferocious :) he was on puppy line. Then took him off to do a bit of go round the wings. Excellent! Then did a wait, ready steady go at one set of wings - and then threw his toy on through the 2nd set. He drove to it well... but then a new thing - he picked it up and ran round shaking it for ages ad wouldnt be caught.

So it seems teaching him to LOVE the tuggy more has worked - except he loves it too much to leave it - another little challenge lol. I ignored him totally, and did some work with Bonnie and Pops and he soon came flying over to be caught lol

Did a bit more tug and some hand touch then put him away whilst I went back to work.

Tonight I want to do some circle work, and recalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment