Sunday, 6 February 2011

Laurens day 2

ok - so we followed the 8.30 wee with a wee and poo at 2.30am and another pee and poo when we got to Laurens

He was very disturbed in the night - would not settle when in his crate. He was great in the room but when I put him to bed he winged nd cried for ages - eventually I took him outside at 2.30am and he pee'd and poo'd - still wouldnt settle back in his crate so in the end he came and slept on the bed (in the hotel I couldnt let him make noise at that time of night) SO obviously he was worried by being in the rate at Laurens!

Anyway - 1st time out today he wasn't at all focussed so just put him away

Subsequent times he was much better and I had some lovely play and greta wrap round the wings. Still not driven to earn food from me though.

I was very pleased that he really didnt stress at all about the other dogs, and we had no barking at all.

I think the key was he came out for a few mins then back in the car and . SO he never felt a part of a group he had to herd, and the stations changed so dogs were always in a different place.

3 good things... no barking, great wait and start line, some great play

3 items to work on... focus, learn to earn, keep the play moving

No comments:

Post a Comment