Friday, 20 April 2012

Chris Zink, Broadlands, and contacts training

So contacts training last week - Was challenging but Pip rose to the ocassion well :) Broadlands UKA - started same as he has been with a flat out run in SC and some knocked poles on a HUGE running course. I was training it so did break it up into tiny sections for him and played so he didnt get too stressed. jumping was a bit better in terms of flat out ness and we didnt knock any poles, but it was a very hard (tugenuf) jumping course so I broke it down into sections and played with him a lot. He got the weave entry and weaves nailed though :) Agility was a lovely course for us, twusty and asked some questions, but I handled it and he did great and we just had an unlucky pole between tunnel and weaves. He got the weaves and all the contacts perfectly. Final SC was much better than the first as he was sitting back and listening a bit and we were much more controlled though still fast. Got a lovely front cross out of the tunnel with change of direction to other tunnel. 2nd day I decided to take him for a decent walk before the first SC to see if that made a difference. So about 25mins of letting him run around, play, and generally have fun, then walked 5 mins down to ring and it was WAY better with his desire to just RUN gone. He did a nice round and some clever bits and only hit a couple of poles when I made the mistake of speaking! MUST stay quiet! Agility was another lovely twisty course and I really liked it. Sadly I was so busy enjoying it that I didnt go where I should and caused him to hit a pole. he got the weaves, and all the tricky handling and all the contacts. SOOOO pleased with him. Jumping was horride for us - a LONG running course so I split it down and got a lovely weave entry out of the tunnel. Chris Zink was good. Long days and very tiring, but good company (hope Karen thought the same lol) and very interesting and thought provoking.Wrote lots of notes and have more to write as I think about stuff. contacts training this week. Well I just wasnt really with it :( He was also quite insecure away from me - Id guess because I have been away this week. Need to rebuild his wait confidence. Still he was a good boy when I got it right, and when I got it wrong he went where I told him, just a bit depressed that I couldnt get in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment