Wednesday, 25 April 2012

a backwards step?

After several weeks of much reduced barking and squeeling last night was dire! Totally over excited and very noisy. None of the usual things like training some obedience, putting him in a wait, asking for nose touches etc. rewarding for silence, worked at all. That said WOW when it was his turn. ok - we had to remind him about waiting, but the weaves were amazing, his contacts solid, and he was FLYING! He was just totally on a high. One of the exercises was a flat tunnel to weaves very close. the first couple of times he missed the entry as I was a bit far behind, but when I got the position right, he did an amazing entry coming out of the tunnel in the wrong direction and putting in a half side step to push himself correctly into the weaves. Awesome. I do need to work on some pull throughs though as that wasnt tidy. Towards the end he did get tired and then started to slip off the end of the Aframe, but it was slip off whilst attempting to get 2o2o so I didnt make a huge fuss. Think I might try using a crate next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment