Pip did well - he had a lot of time in the van - only had Buzz for company on day one, then was alone, but that meant that any time out of the van with me was quality time. I hadnt planned to have him off lead at all but in the end I did as it was great for him to have a play with some other dogs. He loved Buzzy, he found Robbie scarey though as he barks in play! Interesting that my socially awkward Bonnie LOVES Robbie, and my friendly Pup doesnt want to play with him!
He also got to play with Jenna puppy... he met her last year in Cornwall when he was 8 weeks and she was 12 weeks - it is 9 months since then but they instantly recognised one another and it was game on!!! They still play really well together.
I got some good tug - especially on the back lane, and in the caravan, and when he played with Pan he even recalled from him (once but still good!)
Had a chat with Karen yesterday and have decided that I will just have one lesson a week with him and wont do the group or joint lessons for a while - we will try to take it back to the early lessons where it was all "fun". I'm considering whether to take him to any more Greg lessons as neither of us are doing well in that situation, and I dont see the point in rehersing failure. Karen suggested becoming an auditor for the next few (can blame his hormones and spookiness), and rejoining later after his op when he has settled a bit. I think this might be good, but will think some more on it.
Karen also suggested keeping training really short (5 mins max) and fun.
This morning he bounced out of his crate wanting to tug, so we had a really good game and I came away bleeding!! :)
Although he coped really well with Bristol it did take a lot out of him mentally which I didn't really realise until we got home. He slept most of Monday and Tuesday - as often as possible curled on my lap or Tony's like a cat! I do need to keep taking him places like this though as he will only learn to cope if he does go places.

No comments:
Post a Comment