Saturday, 7 May 2011

Motivation

I've been thinking a lot about this - motivation is often missing in Pip I feel. He isnt motivated by food that much and I have to work to engage in tug quite often - sometimes I think this is actually demotivating to the pup. He used to be a lot more motivated and wanting to play than he is now - ok he's growing up and thinking about boy things, but other male dogs still want to play and eat. So it must be something I do.

SO food - rather than using hunger to get him eager for mediocre treats I'm going to try using really high velue food in training games - so fresh chicken, meat etc and see what response I get.

Tug - I'm going to spend a week just surprising him with a tug game - not doing tug mixed with food, nor mixed with recall games or anything else - just TUG = FUN. Tug sit Tug game is fun for him. I want to bring back the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment