Sunday, 11 September 2011

Happier

Very happy that we now have a decision and course of action. Still worried about the possibility of a not so good outcome, but I'm incredibly lucky to be in the best possible position to give her the very best shot.

AG has been fab and is happy to have me camp out there with Pops if need be - which would mean onsite physio, hydro, rehab staff, all their huge experience with spinal cases, and more importantly I can continue to work and even get paid for being there :) Also have free use of any equipment I want (already have a couple of harnesses on loan) although already have muscle stim, and proprioception stuff at home anyway for the rehab work I do here.

Morning work have been fab too and are happy for me to work remotely as much as I need to, and to give me extra hours as much as I want as I will need the money!

We have set up my home office as a Poppy room :biggrin: so she doesn't have to be in a crate (which she struggles with getting up etc) but is still restricted and cant climb on anything. She has big flat beds in the office, and we fitted a dog gate so she can still see the other dogs etc and be all alone. Its an easy walk to the garden too from there and when I'm working at home she is with me. I then had to install a small crate as the Pip wants to be in there too! It will work well as a therapy room too.

She will be in RVC until at least Friday - most likely until the following week - depending upon her pain management and a mutual decision on continence and ambulation.

Pip has been quite surprising - he loves Poppy and usually plays with her a lot - however since last week we have had to tell him he isn't allowed to play or bounce her. I think I have told him twice, and now he doesn't try - he just cuddles up next to her for a sleep. Like he knows to be gentle. Bonnie is quite jealous as she still gets hassled to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment