Sunday, 11 September 2011

Dorkings & Pip of course :)

SO yesterday we drove to Yorkshire to collect some chickens. 550 miles and 9 hours of driving, MAD? Well they are very special chickens.... only two other people have them and they are very endangered. They are Cuckoo Dorkings and I have spent 3 years trying to pursuade their breeder that she should let me have a breeding group. So I have to say I'm dead chuffed.
We took advantage of the drive to visit Em's  and see her snakes etc. and even better when we got to Yorkshire we discovered that they have a 2acre hay field completely fenced (sheep in next door field) so the dogss got a lovely run after being in the car for 6 hours at that point with just a briief stop at the services. Victoria has 2 working springers (boys) so I was pretty sure Bonnie would be ok with them, and once away from the van she was indeed (the springers are used to being out with lots of strange dogs at the shoot so really took little notice of mine. The girls proved yet again they are totally trustworthy with stock. Pip was an unknown quantity a bit. He ignores my birds but I was reluctant to test this in a strange place with strange birds, but I needn't have worried - he was a star. Mind you the first he confronted was a big group of geese and ducks which did looks quite intimidating.

On to this morning. Hadnt done any training since our lesson on Weds (kind of intentionally  as I like him to have a break after a couple of lessons or new questions, he seems to take it all on board and think about it and then come out better. So this morning I thought we had better do a bit of work - had a double box set up doing some front cross work with Bonnie, so popped him down the centre a coupe of time to warm up, then did a couple of the front cross exercises and he just flew it and ripped the tuggy at the end. Finished off with another easy jump through and a tunnel from a distance (he loves them) So thrilled with him at the moment - its really all coming together and we're just having so much fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment