Friday, 30 March 2012

Thursday lesson

Karen had planned to work on coming out of tunnels (as I requested last week) but when I told her I had been having problems with weaves we initially looked at that.

Remember that teaching 2x2 entries doesnt necessarily teach how to enter at speed from a set of equipment. So for now drive him into the first weave pole.

this worked far better than hanging back and letting him choose.

Then worked on being able to go wide without him coming out. Currently he's fine with me being a couple of meters but comes out if I go further. I have been practising running ahead, and hanging back - but NOT going out. So need to practice this at home.

Then a course which included a straight tunnel. He did some lovely turns right out of the tunnel to jump on my vocal command. Need to remember he doesnt need me too close and I need to run on (without rushing) to get to the right position. Coming out of the tunnel and running straight is more of a problem - he looks to me. I need to practice this with either a go or nothing and also then practice left turn.

Talked about what to do during the 3 weeks when we have contact training on a Thurs and Karen suggested having a half and half lesson with Pip for a bit and then Kodi so that I can practice handling - what an honour to be offered, and what a chance to improve my handling :)I loved the one time I did run Kodi - he's fab and totally tells you if you get it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment