Friday, 23 March 2012

Thurs 23/3 lesson

Worked a course again. Felt I walked it better and worked out position better than last week, though still had to consider options.

Got squeek and ran it - started well with a bounce on fence before tunnel and another on a corner in the middle of the course which Karen was impressed with. Was a bit late on my FX to long jump, but Pip saved me. Hung back on the weave entry but he just missed it as I was a bit late with the Weaver command. Restarted and he didnt get pulled out of the weaves by the tunnel which was good. rattled a couple of poles on the way to the finish as I rushed him a little, so we practices this bit a few times.

then did some contact practice whilst Karen changed the course. Seesaw and DW were very good and he stayed on. Aframe for some reason he crept down both sides. Wondered if he was ok - but need to just have faith and get on and not faff cos I'm scared he'll break - self fulfilling prophecy???

Anyway 2nd course was to work the serp at speed. I faffed and he failed to get the tunnel. I stopped faffing and worked him properly and he got it. First time got too close to wings again and he rattled a few. Also rushed him a bit in my desire to get to the hard bit of the serp. When I settled he did and got it and serped well (L to R) got the turn too and the rest of the jumps.

Repeated in other direction - I got too close to wings again and rushed him, better when I stayed out and gave him time. Had some problems with him picking up the 3rd part though so need to do some more practice at home. I need to remember to be closer to the jumps when serping as staying out too far, and try to be more fluid with my changes of direction.

Got home and tried my Aframe - straight over and down to 2o2o as usual - and he was fine at the show last week, so concluded it was something about Karen's Aframe he didnt like - maybe the white line or the sun reflecting? Wont worry about it if its only Karens that causes him to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment