was had by Pip and I at training last night. Was a little daunting to go up to the next group of seasons experienced competing dogs - but as Pip didnt know that, and we did rounds, he just had a blast!
Agility round first (with Ruth).. the little star held every contact, did a smashing rear cross, went a touch wide on the pull through - my fault as the tunnel was calling him and I should have called back! Got his weave entry from a jump front cross - so pleased with that. WAS going too fast to actually get the 12 weaves but did it 2nd time . Also attacking the contacts now without me being close by. He seemed more "grown up" and less "wild".
Jumping next. Fifo asked if he was jumping full height yet :) Bless he was a star and flew it. Only slight problem was again the weave entry. It was a long wait (to fence 3) so 4 straight fences followed by weaves at right angles to the 4th - he got the entry perfectly, but again just too fast to get the 2nd pole. Got it 2nd time though.
Ran that course again and he nailed the weaves too.
Fifo suggested I teach him a "steady" command so that I can slow him slightly before a weave entry like that, and so I tried that on the next round. He didnt slow up but he did get the weaves :)
Then did a different course with a tricky start (4 fences at right angles but only first 3 had a straight line and it was tight. I was skeptical but he just did it :) Flew round this too - handled the pull offs and traps well too.
SUCH fun we has and some prilliant play after his round :)
Less barky shouty stuff this week too.
Loved every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment