This was his 2nd UKA. Got there in time to walk the first course and do my entries, then back to van to take him for a walk. He was a bit odd - more interested in sniffing and other dogs than usual and not really interested in the ball. Then started barking at a man with a hat in the distance whom he had completely ignored previously. So we walked about a lot on the lead. He wouldn't tug.
Went down and did 1st round indoors. BIG running course start straight up longside - big run round the end and BIG long run to the finish. Lovely beginners course really but so much running with a fast dog! So he had to wait until I was beyond fence 3. I did a sit wait and he held it fine, then ran hard I ran ok 4,5,6 7, then a right hand turn for the tunnel which he got fine, but I didnt run hard enough and couldnt get the next fence. started him again and he knocked it and the next, got the next and the circle bit and then the long run home but he turned when he shouldnt as I wasnt fast enough, then went on to a "get it" for his toy. didnt pick up the toy but drove to it ok.
Took him out to warm up and he played with an 8mo pup, a lot of play and rolling.
Outside I was a bit worried as last time was rather mad outside. But the start was fast running this time - it was twisty. Took the toy in with me this time. Excited in the queue but got some good focus on me as well. Set up and he broke the first wait straight away so I think I wasnt clear enough( had started clock though). reset him and this time he held it well. started and over 1 then 2 then nice 180 turn to 3 and tunnel. I couldn't run fast enough to be in position for 5 so he jumped short and knocked the pole. then big run 6, 7 which went well and got the turn for 8, then 9, and 10 was the one he had knocked which threw him a bit, did a nice pull through and back through the tunnel, I couldnt get to the next jump though so just played after the tunnel. He played fab and they called time so we played out to the last jump and stopped the time. Very please with him, it was excellent play in the ring and he coped well with the jump down.
Took him out for a walk after this on the race course with his ball chucker. Again he wasnt THAT bothered though he did play a bit. He looked stiff in walk and his back was a little sore. Not sure if he hit a pole a bit hard or if it was the rough play with the pup. Anyway he seemed a bit better after his walk and did a 2nd poo which was a bit sloppy. Popped his rug on and put him in the van for a sleep.
3rd round - warmed him up well as he still looked stiff - but it was on the left side that he was finding it harder to turn and it was a totally right handed course, so decided to do it if only for the wait practice and pull him if he looked like he was struggling. Again queueing was improved, but I just took him away if he got too excited. He was good for most of it - but very excited when the dog before him went!
I love that he can be so wound up and barking etc but then settle as soon as the lead comes off. He sided and waited (again in sit) really well. Went to the other side of 2, started him, then right turn to tunnel pulling off the fence directly ahead no problem, 180 turn to jump then right round 4,5,6,7 turn to tunnel no problem and stopped to play. started again and had a pole, then 9,10, 11, 12 turn to tunnel fine, 180 turn back to fence, then BIG run to 2 final fences. got the first but then circled before the last getting it and going to his toy which I trew, picked it up and took it for a run coming back to me for a tug. He did stop tugginy when we got out of the ring to the "scraey" bit but that was fine. Took him just outside school doors and he would play there.
So all in all very happy. He got waits in all classes without looking concerned, he played in 2 rings (one inside and one out) and he followed all my directions when running.
Slept all the way home and had a big wee when he got in. I put him through the weaves twice as I wanted him to move laterally. Then slept some more lol
Gave him half a previcox just in case he had pulled anything and he looked much improved this morning with his wiggle back. Lovely weaves today too.
Will book him with Angela soon though for a check up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment