Thursday, 11 August 2011

Training August 10th

I had super fun yesterday at training – I hadn’t really trained either Pip or Bonnie for a few weeks as Poppy has been taking so much of my time so I wasn’t expecting huge things. Bonnie trained Tuesday night and that was jumping so expected her to be a bit tired.

Left plenty of time so stopped at M&S for food (crayfish and mango salad with rocket and a coconut and sweet chilli sauce – DELICIOUS!)

Bonnie first – different group this time. She hasn’t met Zan or Susan’s collie but ignored Zan completely (boy) and I kept my distance from the Collie. We did mostly jumping and she did well bless her. It is never her most favourite thing but she picked up the change of direction really well. I took her off to do some contacts and weaves too between turns which she really enjoyed and helped to pep up the jumping. It was hot though so let her rest in the shade a fair bit.

Then had my tea, a cup of coffee and some fruit. So peaceful up there when everyone has gone J

Next was Mr Pip. I was actually expecting him to be awful as I’ve barely tugged with him for days and not done any circle work etc for ages, but he was awesome. Circle work for his ball was really good – though he does get a bit far ahead on the inside circles, and can go wide on the left side outside. Hi splay was good and he really wanted his tuggy J Less is more it seems. Perch work was good – though getting back end on only is hard. Recalls were very good and straight to me. Circle work and recalls were with other dogs playing as well.

Nose touches on perch were slower than usual but it was the end of the night and he was tired.

Loved the training last night, and loving working with Pip. He is so keen, whereas sometimes I think Bonnie just does it to please me!

This morning worked the jump grid we did yesterday with Pip, first go through the whole thing I was late with my front cross cue and he nearly went straight on, but 2nd time I got it right and he was spot on the money J Also moved the see saw over to the trailer so one end is supported and the other is about 1ft off the ground. SO he goes up the ramp, and down the seesaw. Did it twice – first time he went right down and jumped off, 2nd time he stopped and targeted perfectly – not bothered by the movement at all. Will just throw this in a few times over the next coupleletting him work out when it starts moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment