Monday, 15 August 2011

Pip training report 15/8/11

Well since poor little Pip had quite a bit of time off training when I was concentrating on Poppy, and seeing how wonderfully he responded to a bit of training and Pip/Mummy time last week I made a big effort over the weekend to spend a bit more time working with him.

SO we did lots of tugging, went for a nice walk, and as his lid targetting on the contact end was looking so good - really driving down and hitting it - and his bump ends on the see saw were looking good, I decided to prop the seesaw end on the muck trailer - which meant the end was about a foot off the floor and it bumped going up and down!

SO got him to jump onto the trailer and put the target at the bottom, then let him run down and bump it. First time he ran down, tipped it and straight off - but I realised the target was too close so he couldnt see it in time to back shift his weight and stop. 2nd time I put it further out and he just ran down and nose touched. repeated on other side - same response - so left it at that.

Came back and did it again that evening and instead of getting him to jump onto the trailer I asked him to run up the seesaw which meant it bumped as it tipped. slight hesitation but no major worry. Did it again from both sides with him going up and down - again good backshifting of weight and nose touching. Repeated on sunday twice (am and pm) just doing it once each side each time. All good - just once he stopped and nose touched with all 4 on - but I had placed target a bit too close.

Sun got the baby trestles out and set the dog walk up on them. Pip came to see what I was doing so I walked him over - bit OMG but did it in both directions. Sun pm did it again with target at the end and he just ran across and targetted in both directions!

So loving teaching my boy - he's so keen to learn and is loving it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment