Friday, 19 August 2011

Really gutted

My friend Catherine found out a couple of weeks ago that she had breast cancer, and this week she went in for a mastectomy.
I hadn't heard anything which was a bit worrying, but then I say her OH last night. The tests after the first op showed they hadn't got a clear margin so she went for a 2nd op.
Yesterday they told her that results of the tests after the 2nd op confirmed that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes.

So now she has to go through aggressive Chemotherapy to try and get it under control. They are totally distraught. they were planning a wedding later this year and kids next year. Now they can't plan anything.

I just keep thinking that once its in the lymph nodes you don't have much chance :(:( She is so lovely and just doesn't deserve this at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment