Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Pip training notes 14/12/10

I've started doing a lot more "training" with him in the morning when doing the horses. He LOVES his ball on a rope and we do a lot of really good tuggying and a few throws. He will tug from stable to stable and leave it to do a cue and return to it for reward. SO we practice sit, down, back, right and left. Also ready steady go,

Today we went in the arena and did some going round the wing for the ball - he really gets this now and today we did a figure of 8 for the first time and he was perfect!!! Repeated it the other way and on another jump - what a star.

Focus on the toy is hugely improved - yesterday he stayed tugging with me whilst Pop and Bonnie were playing and growling :)

Recall is still interesting, but I'm not pushing it and not really recalling him at the moment - I will just go out of sight or similar.

Also today he went in his kitchen crate for breakies and didnt want to come out!!

I need to play more recall games and train him a bit more though.

No comments:

Post a Comment