Thursday – took Pip swimming again – he is happier about being taken in and swimming itself – he let me float him around. He played and splashed happily too, but he isn’t keen on running in and swimming for his toys still, but I’m not too fussed about that as long as he isn’t going to drown! There was a strange dog in too so he was a little bit OMG at that. He showered ok – he likes to stand up my leg but doesn’t fuss other than that. He gets cold though – I think 29 is too cold – I want to run my pool at 30/31 I think. I get cold too.
Friday – 2nd training class for Pip. He was equally good, only really distracted by people not dogs J and even that wasn’t too bad and I can get him back. Andrew called him exceptional J
Saturday – didn’t go to Kingsfold and felt crap so didn’t do a lot TBH. Did help Tony move insulation, and did muck out 1 whole field tho.
Sunday – played with all dogs in the arena – Tony was throwing Frisbee for Pip and Poppy, and when I called him back mid chase Pip turned and came – bless him! Then did some work on the plank – he was a bit hit and miss though boggy joined in and did it well. Took him out this morning though and he was fighting to get on it J and did it perfectly though.
Monday – took Pip for a walk – found it hard to hide cos he didn’t get far enough away! Good boy again too and work on the heel work is paying off as he is voluntarily coming to walk beside me when off lead. Ok – he is probably scrounging for food, but I don’t care if it means he doesn’t pull on lead.
Bonnie is back to full bouncing health – I did a little bit of jumping last night and she was flying – not training her this week though as 1) she hasn’t had a break all summer and should have one, as she has had one week off she might as well have 2 weeks now rather than have to do it later when daylight means it’s harder to walk them anyway. 2) I’d rather not stress her until she has been fit and well for a good week, not just a couple of days off her drugs. 3) Tony will be out anyway so I can have a me and dogs night watching what I want J
Last night I watch Susan Garrett’s 2x2 dvd right through. I love the way she looks at training – I’m going to go back to basics and try this method with Bonnie and will also train Pip this way. In fact I have done some basic straight line on just 2 poles already – no stress on him running between 2 poles – wont progress it though until he is a lot older. So today – start with Bonnie and 2 poles – I have no illusions that it will be an overnight process but it cant hurt.

No comments:
Post a Comment