Saturday, 11 September 2010

Environment

I've been thinking about this a lot recently with the Pip in the forefront of my mind. I have made sure he trains everywhere and even at home we have lots of rooms, the garden, the field the patio. It was really brought home to me yesterday by my oldest lab Poppy. Environment is huge to her.

In the house she is the boss. She sorts the other out , she doesnt share food and will take it fro them given half the chance. She will start games and play if it suits her, or tell the others to sod off.
Take her outside the door onto the patio and the balance changes completely. she wont even tell Pip to behave, she'll slink, try to hide etc. Walk back through the door and she tells him straight off.

I must make sure I pay a lot of attention to environment in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment