Weekend weather was abysmal so didn’t do as much as I wanted with the doglets. The girls spent a lot of time out with me in the fields Saturday refencing and moving ponies about, Pip did training indoors and garden.
Sunday was HORRID. Dogs came out but wanted back in straight away – wet cold and miserable. Did some indoor work and watched FCI worlds on streaming vid. Pip was a bit “don’t want to” for the first time when I asked for down, but he had been playing with Poppy and was tired. Had to go get dinky a new rug as ripped hers on the trees and her HW is just too heavy for now. Went for Amigo MW 4’6 in a 600g. £46 – will get Roy to stitch up the other one as a spare.
This morning Pip was much more happy and eager to work as normal. I need to work out how to do heel work when he doesn’t want the treat or the toy – I think this is where I need the head collar but he is still not totally happy with it on so haven’t led with it yet. Did lots of crate work this morning and had him lying in it with door open whilst I made coffee Took him for walk in back fields – he is going slightly further afield but still sticking to me well. He was so funny when I had a shower. He was sure he wanted to come in, then when I opened the door and he saw the water he definitely didn’t want to come in lol but he did want to eat the bubbles – mad puppy.
I’m not happy that Tony is leaving Pip in the crate for so long in the morning – today he had him out at 11:45. Thats since 8am which is much longer than I like. I’d prefer him out around 10.30 for 30 mins then I can get him out when I come home. – Still beggers cant be choosers. I have to meet Tony and Sassy and Maurice for lunch at Pizza hut (deep joy ) so will take him for a walk when I get back, then walk the girls afterwards.
Tomorrow I think I’ll take him with me when I swim Rosie – at least he gets out. He’ll also be coming training with Bonnie in the evening and to see his mum and Magic – whooaaa – hope Jackie thinks he looks ok!
Must start thinking about wlaks now days are getting shorter. I think the morning walk with Pip will only be for a few more weeks max, then it will have to be morning training session, lunchtime walk, evening training. Girls can do morning out whilst horses and chooks are done, lunchtime/afternoon walk, and chill in the evening.
Bonnie – I want to work hard on her training this winter. I am going to retrain the weaves using 2x2 – see how we get on. Have the first 2 on the patio so start today. Pip had a go and got it straight off – quelle surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment