Well I thought it just as well to make a plan for the next few months and set some goals for winter training and next year.
Bonnie
I'd love to get some more clears in her last two shows in Sc - which shd be poss if I concentrate. She went so well in Cornwall and it would be nice to end the season on a good note here. She is so close to clears in agility and was very unlucky in the last 2 she did. A random pole (it was a crap angle and maybe I should have checked her, but normally she would have cleared it) and a 4x4 driving through the ring mid round (WTF?) to spoil otherwise clear rounds. I'm not really fussed about getting her promoted, but we DESERVE a CR at agility!! lol
Then for the winter - I want to train her jumping more, and get her a lot more confident working away. Also she needs some work on her contacts. they are usually solid, but recently she has come off a couple (my fault) so want to reinstate this. DRIVE - I need the drive on the start line I get at the back door or field gate! I can get that drive down a line of obstacles with the car at the end, but its hard to transfer that value to a toy! That is definately a target for this winter.
Next year - want to build on this years successes, would like to get her into Novice SC as she is more than capable of doing the courses, and also get her to some KC shows. A huge goal would be to come out to th early shows without the distractions of this year!
Pip - he starts obedience next week which will give him the chance to learn to concentrate around other dogs, also continuing the basic foundation work. Crate training, hind leg awareness, circling, ground poles, backing - obviously all baby baby style atm and qas a huge game.
His nose touches are good, and he is quite good at working in all environments.
Recall games - adaptations of the e-recallers course. lots of hide and seek and changes of direction etc.
Next year - he is a year in June so plan to start gradually a bit before that with the equipment - baby style. We already play around it and he runs through tunnels just cos they are there without being asked so I'm just adding the word tunnel and rewarding with a game if he does that - not asking for it, but if he offers making the most of it. We play round the jump wings, and will progress this in the new year to some basic pole work. He already gets the idea of touch and plays on the contact trainer tony made - I havent asked for 2 on 2 off but on ocasion he has seen Bonnies target on the floor there and offered a touch which I have rewarded.
All being well we will do a couple of SC and nursery NFC late next year, and maybe through into the winter. Then start for real in the new year when he will be approaching 2 (cant believe I have a 2 year plan)
ME
I NEED to lose some weight again - been really bad this year as due to a couple of injuries (primarily my achilles) I have not exercised so much and have not reduced my food so have gained a fair bit.
So my aims are to increase my exercise again, and cut out some of the crap. I havent had alcohol at home for the last month and plan to continue that (prehaps not at Christmas) throughout the winter. I really dont need a glass of wine with dinner! the kitchen is gradually getting sorted - hopefully by Christmas I might have a proper kitchen again which will make it easier to cook and eat properly. I will also use the Wiifit more as that helped me a lot before, also I suspect I'll be dog walking more now I have Pipski!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment