The most interesting question for me was "If you had the perfect dog who never went wrong what would your agility dream be?" This made me realise that if I knew nothing could go wrong I would have no interest in playing the game. Also sports in general was talked about and touched on the the fact that agility was no different to any other sport - we just use a dog instead of a bat, ball etc. These two statements had a very interesting effect on me as I realised that I have only ever really been interested in sports with animals! IE. where the "tool" could actually have an independant effect upon the outcome. Netball, hockey, tennis, cycling - tried them all and gave them up. Horse and Dog sports I have always stuck with even if not hugely successful.
I think my driver is along the lines of "attaining success through perfecting the partnership of animal and person so that they are working in harmony to achieve the goal (any goal)" I will do ANY amount of work to perfect my partnership with Pip or Bonnie and not let them down by making silly errors etc when they try their hearts out.
SO Winning Crufts, qualifying for this that and the other - these arn't my dreams. My Dream comes back to the first dream that came to mind - to look back in 10years time, with a happy, healthy, retired Pip, and see lots of fun, a bit of success in terms of wins/promotions, maybe a few finals, and prehaps a champ run?
OK - got to concentrate on goal setting next few weeks and also look into how to break out of my classical under achieving - achieving "well" has always been easy, but I can achieve"brilliantly" if I really apply myself. This is what I want to strive for!

No comments:
Post a Comment