started with end contacts - seesaw first - worked well and drove to target. then added in the release and that was great fun. Then he started anticipating the release and not staying on so I did a lot of moving about reinforcing the stay on as I moved and not always the nose touch. This worked well so went back to some nose touch work and some choice - this was good.
Then moved to Dog walk and worked with Lottie and Jinx. Idea was one dog on and one dog being distracting. 1st time asked Lottie not to be too distracting as he hadnt done this, but he was solid. Lotties turn he was totally focussed on playing with me not Jinx, and Jinx was fab too. Pip's 2nd turn and I told Lottie to up the distraction and he was fab - at one point Jinx was so close she was trying to steal his treats and he still touched!
Then small combinations.
first was dogwalk, tunnel, jump, seesaw, tunnel. Missed dogwalk entrance first time, but was then fab. got his touch and then flew to tunnel out over jump. Hit it first time. See saw entry was not straight and he went too fast and flew off the side, then on and touch and tunnel. 2nd time I stopped after jump and played him to a better see saw position and he nailed it, but came off so put back on and then tunnel. 3rd and last time I worked the contacts hard making the release to a game not more equipment, as he had started getting a bit gung ho and wanting to come off.
2nd combo was 6 weaves to 3 jumps at right angles which was run as a snake to A frame and then an offset jump. I edited this to miss the weaves and start on a corner of jumps on right arm, with a pull through to a jump then 4 strides to A frame, and stopped on the contact.
first time he nailed the jumps brilliantly but missed the aframe - so restarted with just A frame and got a good contact, 2nd time he again jumped brilliantly, and got the Aframe but was very hyped and just jumped off and bounced! 3rd time, I just did jump Aframe and really worked the contact and release. He did that well.
The others then did a course, but I felt he had worked well and also the course would be a step too far, so just did some waits, then the 6 weaves again, and finished with a long jump.
VERY pleased as that is the first time I have done proper combo's with him.
Still need lots more work on the contacts to really solid that, and proof it with me moving. TO have done the course last night I would have needed to leave him on the Aframe contact to run on and get the position for the jumps, I dont think he would do that right now.
Such a good boy though :)

No comments:
Post a Comment