Thursday, 13 October 2011

First jumping course for Mr Pip :)

So at our lesson yesterday we did a course - our first ever course of 16 jumps. Bless the little Pipster as he just flew round, even bouncing some of the jumps! I managed to keep up with him - more or less - and mostly got the handling right. A couple of baby mistakes on his part where he just didnt see the jump, and a couple of bad positions on my part, but overall he was just brilliant and although flying round does listen to me and pay attention. I'm still grinning now :)

We also did some channel weaves again and some racing him through them. Whilst he did ok with this my timing was sometime off which made him jump out, but generally I was pleased with the increased speed. Today when I did his 2x2's at home he was really flying through them which was the aim of the channels! He often comes out better the next day with stuff like this.

Bonnie then trained at Pitton and had a lovely time and we actually handled the course well too :)

Have decided that I will only train Pip on Tuesdays for the next few weeks as BOnnie doesnt get enough time - she gets warmed up, hyped up and then we finish. that just isnt fair on her. So she will play on Weds at Pitton and Pip on Tues night until he is able to go into Fifo's group and Bonnie can come back to Ruths group.

Have also booked Pip on a 2hour course with Toni Dawkins in Dec - 2 days before the club match - its just in surrey and gives me a chance to work him in a new place.

Will also think about some UKA SC for NFC towards the end of the year - just to get me out and about as much as him without competition pressure. I can make up a nice simple set of jumps, then reward. So he understands that the environment isnt threatening.

No comments:

Post a Comment