Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Pip

Well training him has taken a bit of a back seat to Poppy in the last couple of weeks, but I have started a new game. I decided if balls are so motivating to him I need to find a way to use balls that involve me. So we have been doing close up games - like cue work and catch a ball. He seems to love playing close up and drops the ball straight away - so next training I will attempt this in that environment. Have pushed this to throwing the ball a short distance and he is bringing it back straight to me. I continue to use his tea for retrieve of the ball to my hand too.

I have done a little bit of jumping with him and he is reading my body language really well. In general I'm very pleased with progress post snip and I think in time the recall will return - it is already better.

No comments:

Post a Comment