Thursday, 7 July 2011

Pip lesson 1 week post op.

1. Forget agility lessons - I need Karen to give us tug lessons - cannot believe how she had him addicted in seconds! Practicing today but just not as good at getting him tugging as she is. This is PIP and I did a restrained recall away from me to Karen for the tug - THATS how much she got him hooked!

2. did some end contacts which were good - need to keep and eye on his front feet as he was splaying them. Not sure why as have not noticed this before.

3. record keep attention span.

4. jumping - straight through was fine - but asking for turns I didnt have enough attention and he went to Karen. I should have seen that as he wasnt focussed on the start line. 3rd time he was really on me and did the turn both ways very well.

5. grids - vary them - 6, up to final jump being as much as 18. Some dogs will bounce that, but not necessary. Change them each time so he learns that distance wont always be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment