So next Tuesday I had planned to swim Pip and Poppy at 3.30, then come home and take Bonnie training in the evening. Its Pip's birthday too so I wanted to spend time with him (not that he knows)
Yesterday I had a call from the pool begging me to work the afternoon/evening shift. Basically to work 4.30-8.30. They will find kennel space for the dogs so they are warm and cosy. They generally pay me £10ph - I could probably stretch that to £15/hr for evening short notice work. So £60 tops BUT huge thanks and good feeling and they do me favours with my dogs and give me work fairly regularly.
But I miss training (£10 wasted but no fuel spent) and Pip gets to spend 4 hours with Poppy in a strange kennel (although he should be tired after swimming so no big deal really)
Tony had intended to come swimming with me so I can swim Pops properly whilst he throws stuff for Pip to retrieve - so he couldnt do that without having to take 2 cars.
In lots of ways I want to say no.... but I know how desperate they are and don't want to let them down. Arghhh I hate decisions.

No comments:
Post a Comment