Well it had to come - the perfect puppy couldnt last forever.
I waited with bated breath for the so called "fear period" but other than a couple of days nothing - he continued to be cautious but brave.
However the last week - maybe since wed last week - little Pip has been worried about everything new. SO he now puts his hackel up and barks at everything. I'm not making a fuss about it and just carrying on as usual as I dont want him thinking he is right and that seems to work well. When we go out he is looking behind every bush for a demon! Even a falling leaf makes him jump (and the ceiling falling down in living room didnt help much!
His attention during training has also been wandering a lot, even with his tuggy or high value food - so I've made sure I spend lots of time with him doing lots of things he can do, and teaching him some new ones he has to think about (which seems to be working well)
On a good note - he has forgotten to be worried every time I leave the room as he was when we got back from Devon, and gone back to being happy to stay with Tony and the girls, or in his crate.
Crate training is looking good, lead walking needs a lot of work as he easily loses the attention esp out. I have upped the stakes by asking for heel walking out and about so I expected some distraction. We have a lesson with Karen tomorrow, and with Carol on Friday so hopefully I can get some tips.
ALso need to do some more on the recall and loving me and try to get Tony not to give him so much unsupervised time rough housing with the girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment