Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Wow - what a year!

After winning out at Thames we went to GOlden Valley where I got a bit over excited and pulled him off his contacts twice - thats the only contact faults hes had this year and both were my fault for lack of training, lack of control (too early release) and not learning from my mistake the first time! Training need for this winter - work on DW and Aframe so that he drives to the end if I'm behind or not racing him. That aside I totally trust his contacts - he knows his job and does it well. We also now have an understanding that if I say get it he stays on, if I say nothing he keeps going. Seems to be working well so far. I had a Eureka moment a few weeks ago after analysing why he comes out pole 10 sometimes. I had thought it was the draw of the next obstacle, but turns out its if I stop running as decel means come here we're changing direction! So last few shows I have been racing him and running on and hes staying in and doing some fabulous weaves. SOOOOO after winning out of G3 at Thames, we then went to Lansdown and got a CR G3 jumping coming 9th (lovely round but lost time over last 2 jumps when we started celebrating early - massive class though so v pleased. He went on to win another G3 agility too!!! Over the moon as winning 1 G3 agility is brilliant - enough good dogs move up on points - but to win 2 is awesome. Tufftsbury Champ show was 1st G4 weekend, the little darling only went clear in 2 out of 3 G3-5 agilities!!! Sadly the Olympia qualifier was the one we had a pole in, but he came 11th in Camddwr cup (249) and won the Dog Vegas (149)! So we won into G5 at our 1st G4 show!!! NOt only that but it was boiling hot for both runs and I didnt push him! Finals are in Scunthorpe in 3 weeks - eeekkk All his recent wins have been outstanding - Thames was by over 1 sec. Lansdown was 2 secs (and 1 sec faster than the winner of the other part which was same course), Tuffley he won by over 1 sec beating G5 dogs. In the Camddwr he was 2 secs behind winner - but easily lost 2 secs on wide turns and not being pushed, so happy he is going to be able to compete on speed. 2 weeks left at G4 to have some fun running like mad - then need to be more careful as dont want to win out G5 this year - want to do the Olympia Q'a next year and try to Q Camddwr too. Also want to get difficult weave entries better, improve his DW, improve his jumping (serps are my bete noir). REALLY delighted with how we have developed this year - it feels amazing when we both click as we seem to be doing more often now. He is such a fabulous dog. Love him to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment