Saturday I was down to ring crew for the first ever Masters - so I got there nice and early to help set up the course. Andy Hudson was much nicer and cheerful than he looked at Crufts! GOt there for 7:15 and walked the Bog dog for a while, then parked so she could watch the ring all morning.
The class went well, despite one lady who missed her turn as she was late blaming me! Silly woman - if you cant read the rules and be there on time then that is down to you not me... everyone else managed it!
Della did really well to come 3rd overall, and Karen got a 2nd in one class with Torro.
Decided in the end not to run Bonnie in the afternoon as it was starting to rain, and she was quite tired. Car got flat battery again - Tony found a loose connection though so possibly it was that.
Sunday we were back for our turn - Rosie dog with us too. I totally forgot the clock change so was an hour later than planned oops.
Didnt give us much time to walk - but managed to get Rosie out for a wee and Bonnie for a poo before running down to check out courses. Jumping had already started so couldnt walk it - so watched a few and it looked a nice flowing course. Agility was walking so popped round that and it was again a nice course - though there was a nasty turn from a jump onto the A frame and the tunnel to weave entry was tricky. Got Bonnie and got into jumping whilst a lots were still walking agility, and she FLEW!! we had one little loss of attention but flew through the rest - weaves were a bit slow - CLear round! 1.4 sec OS the time though so no points.
then straight into snooker which was a mistake. I should have trained it as it was bitty and not a nice layout and that was too much for Bonnie really so I did a few flowing bits and retired.. We then did agility and her confidence knock from snooker really showed as she wandered off too check out some people with food... so did Aframe jump to finish and retired.
Then a long wait over lunch (2 hours) for Steeplechase. I was not optimistic as she was getting tired, but fed her lunch and shut up the car so she and Poppy dozed (Tony came to watch some of the am and swapped Poppy for Rosie) and so did I.
Got her out - coat on against the wind, and wandered over to our ring. Watched for a bit as the Standard dogs did their bit and started the queue for the maxi's. SO she started well - it was a long run uphill and she was obviously tired... had on stop where she just llooked like she ran out of steam and jumped from a standstill, then finished ok. 5 faults and inside the time. so a good run to end the day on.
Overall I was very pleased with her attitude today - generally very laid back and chilled and definately up for it til she got tired.
Lovely CR rossette to bring home :) I love my Bonnie dog and we had such fun today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment