First thing - she was really attentive in the field :) I'd say 100% better than last lesson with Karen, and I was much more relaxed about it as she showed no intention of going off to sniff rabbits, chase pheasants, chat to Torro Laker through the fence or the small dog the other side of the field :)
Her jumping was good too, especially when I got the handling right.
So things to work on...
Making the tunnel REALLY attractive. She's ok on tunnels but need to power through more.
Dont worry about her nose touches on contacts - she has good contacts in that she always waits and holds til released but if I encourage nose touching she gets into sniff mode and stops listening and gets "stuck" so reward from my hand for a touch is ok.
Serps. break them down and reward on parts, then string together.
Weaves - do some work on sppeed without worrying too much if she misses the odd pole - interspersed with slower and making every turn correct. Continue to pratice entries from different angles.
Tunnel next to Aframe - make it easier - have tunnel further away and make it clear. Dont put it too close until she is 100% further away.
Serps - turn and cross CLOSER to the jump. almost face away from direction of travel and be ahead of her o she lands BEHIND me.
Work on "Are you ready" and waits seperate from equipment
DON'T BE SO HARD ON MYSELF!
REALLY enjoyed myself. I get so much out of lessons with Karen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment