Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Recent updates

I havent had much time to blog since coming back from the Isle of Man so a bit of an update! The pool has been very busy with lots of new referrals from quite a few local vets and also getting some from Anderson Moores referrals too now. Bonnie has been lamer and is currently on Previcox full time. She is booked for THR on 8th October (after all the shows and weekends away) Poppy is over a year post op now and looking good. :) Pip and I went to the Agility club show (nice show and one I want to do again next year) it was his first show after winning out of G1 and he was oh so close to winning the agility with just one unlucky pole (my fault for moving off too soon) but 3 secs faster than the winner even though I held his contacts! We were planning to go to Cornwall for Tamisje but in the end stayed home and Tony worked and I did house stuff. Then I headed down early Saturday morning with Pip foor the weekend. Got to Wadebridge about 10.30am and headed straight for Daymer where we walked on the beach for about an hour (much to Pip's delight). Then to Viv's place for a cream tea before heading down to Hayle for Philps pasties to bring home for Tony. Went back via Perranporth in search of board shorts for Tony but nothing reduced yet and all very expensive. They have a new rule now that dogs are only allowed on the beach between 10am and 5pm on a lead in July and August, so hung about a bit and walked out about 4.30 reaching the off lead place just in time before the tide came back in. So Pip had another bounce in the sea and run on the sand before heading back to the van and off to the show ground. We got there to find that there were actually only 8 camoing spots booked and 1 occupied even though they had record numbers of dogs entered. So we chose from most of the showground and picked a nice spot and Pip hung out whilst I set up camp. He's so good now he just stays within about 50 yards. All set up and been for a short walk by 6pm so had a cuppa and a snooze waiting for Jackie to arrive. Helped her set up and shared pasties and scones for tes then to bed. the van isnt too bad to sleep in though needs to be about 6" wider! Not something I will do frequently but ok for the odd night :) Sunday's competition was a bit disappointing in as much as I made some handling errors which caused Pip to either be eliminated or have a pole down in each class. However it was also very good and rewarding in as much as we were really working as a partnership in the jumping classes as well as the agility. He didnt panic annd rush as he has been in the past he was settled and happy (a bit too keen off the start line though!) So all in all I was very please with his first G2 run and happy not to have won out! Finally got home about 9.30pm - good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment