Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Training - new strategy

I took a crate. And it worked a treat! Only one instance of woofy barky heardy stuff, lots of nice play and some good work. SO I'll stick with club training a bit longer and use the crate and see how we get on. We did have some wait issues esp at the start, and we did get then release our contacts. But to be fair on him I haven't trained either thing recently and on sunday I did quick release everything (well we were competing!) Dont get me wrong - he got all his contacts and made sure of them - he even paused, but as soon as I moved he was off to the next obstacle. So this weeks work items are to brush up our contact holding, and start line waits. Other things to work on are set point exercises to get him to jump short (and get why he has to) Plus I need to put a tunnel under the contacts again and do some differentiation stuff as he really wasn't getting when to take the contact and when to take the tunnel.Oddly better on my left hand than my right ME? Still very pleased with him and the crate seems to give him a nice safe chill off feelng - now if only we can use it in the ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment