Thursday, 17 May 2012

Seeking the positivity

ok well I've been getting quite upset about things recently. I don't feel I'm doing the best job I can of making Pip's life easy and fun. I'm certainly doing something at shows in the jumping and SC which isnt helping him be relaxed and happy. I need to nail that one quickly or it will lead on to other things. Last Tuesday started out ok and he was playing with me well whilst waiting for his go, but I had left his exercise to his daddy as I was working long hours and I suspect his "walks" didnt consist of much actual walking as he was hyper puppy when I got home. That combined with leftover anxiety from the weekend meant he was reluctant to wait away from me at training, and was very noisy and excited. I did work through it and we got our nice wait back by round 3, but I need to figure out what I'm doing and sort it! Its a 2 edged sword. The fact that he is so tuned into me works well for us in some situations, but in others it means he really notices when I'm even a bit different. the interesting thing is that in the Agility rounds this doesn't happen. So what is different? I'm going to try to get Emma to film all 3 rounds this weekend, and then get Tont to film me at home and compare. So today I have taken him out this morning for a nice longer walk, and I'll have him out again for a decent walk at lunchtime and we'll see how he is tonight. I'm also going to take a crate and try to find a quiet corner we can do crate games and practice waits. I love him and everything else is great and he is an awesome puppy - just need to crack this one thing and we should be flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment